Friday, January 20, 2012

I am so tired
after man long years
of chasing what i desired
i am filled with fears

my desk is covered with papers
my stomach is hollow
my dreams are mere vapors
and in my pity i wallow

are my dreams really what is good?
do i really need to pursue this stress
is what i really desire mere food?
what i am asking is this:
is there more to life than this torrential mess?

there is a longing in my soul
to create and be free
as if i have a hole
that sits deep inside of me

there is a man that made sense of me
even though i was a wretch
he had spoken my plea
with his arms outstretched

he told me this was not my home
and that is why i longed to leave
i am not cursed to roam
i follow him and he is pleased

he's given me a family, a home
a place to slumber, to rest
where i no longer have sins to atone
following him makes suffering my best
since someday i will eternally rest

No comments:

Post a Comment