Wednesday, November 30, 2011

remember what blood covers your hands
the merciful savior poured it out
so you can be forgiven in pursuit of your plans
and crucify all your doubt

he laid on the cross and screamed his last
releasing the breath god gave us
so we may conquer darkness not fully past
as he hung, a bloodless man, returning to dust

we wept and mourned over our liberator lost
while our murdered savior answered our sins
we lost our faith and misunderstood the cost

after three days of waiting i began to cry
my savior was gone and my faith was lacking
so i looked at my deliverer and said goodbye

then an angel appeared and asked, " why do you weep?"
i replied, " my savior is gone, he died"
then the angel answered, " when has my lord promised what he did not keep?"
and as a faithless man I screamed, " he's alive"

my savior went to hell
suffered for days and survived
now we must always tell
the one eternal truth...He is alive

No comments:

Post a Comment