Monday, September 24, 2012

-->
welcome to a place
where god celebrates with you
by waking us with his grace
and making reality finally seem true

but i was scared of seeing the genuine
so i devised a plan made of lonely bricks
that sought to keep his grace confined
and restrain my heart from being fixed

brick by lonely brick i build my desolate wall
i built it so thick the sun stopped shining
and i was confined to a world so small
my heart began a process of dying

day became so dark
my heart became so numb
until i saw a little spark
that reminded me what i was created from

then i heard a murmur
from the outside of the wall
it made my heart go into tremors
since the voice whispered my name being called

the voice asked about my health
and said i would die
i thought it was a lie until he told me
i had built the wall around myself

he said he'd take the lonely bricks on himself
and do it alone with his might
so i could know true health
and come back to real life

when the final brick was moved
my heart sank once more
he took the wall on himself, fully, in servitude
because of me he is bound... my heart tore

i laid there weeping for a day
cursing my damned wall
the one who saved me from myself i betrayed
and he took it all

knowing i couldn't break a wall reinforced
i began to leave, since i had nothing to bring
then in radiant light he burst forth
like a phoenix bearing wings.

he emerged carrying his grace and glory
so i could celebrate again
without a care or a worry
or a thought of where i have been

my lonely desolate wall was gone without a trace
along with the reminder that i was once damned
he came close and gently put his hand on my face
and simply said
" here i am"

No comments:

Post a Comment